A quick look at what I have done
A single page application for machine learning enabled sentiment analysis and topic detection in financial context.
- Data sources include 55.1 million Dow Jones News articles and 11.5 million Broker Reports hosted on internal Solr
- Machine learning on sentiment analysis and theme detection
- Applications include theme identification, competitive analysis, business insights mining
A search engine with distributed crawler, Indexer, PageRank, and web user interface.
- Created a scalable, distributed web crawler with language detection and duplicate elimination features and concurrently crawled over 1,000,000 web pages
- Used NLP stemming and lemmatization to extract words and bigrams and built two inverted index (fancy hit and normal hit) for each word and bigram
- Iteratively calculated PageRank and TF/IDF using Hadoop MapReduce framework and designed algorithm for deriving real-time, high-precision search result
- Integrated major web services (Wiki, Yelp) and support auto-complete, spell-check
An exciting Java Swing game that allow human to compete with computer to conquer as many planets as possible.
- Implemented the computer strategies using graph algorithms including DFS, BFS, Dijkstra, etc.
- Created the graphical user interface following the MVC pattern
- Controlled the game with multithreading technique and master-slave pattern (Event Dispatching Thread vs SwingWorkers, etc.)
- Support two play mode (human vs computer, computer vs computer) and player can attack opponent's planet and defend their own planets
A web application that can hear and talk. Support voice query and voice tweet.
- Voice control and voice query is a promising and indispensable player of future artificial intelligence technology
- Voice search allows you to speak a query and get instant voice answer about anything including weather, time, restaurant, hotel, sports, etc.
- Voice tweets empowers you with the ability to tweet without typing
- Source Code: GitHub
- Date: Jan 2016
A movie social network that connect you with similar movie fans.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails web app – a movie social network where users can like, review and search movies/movie stars/directors, follow other users and get real-time activities notifications
- Won the "Best Presentation Award" and one of six "Best Project Award"
- Functions including authentication and login with email/Facebook, view-based access control, twitter-like user following and activities notification, movie ranking and searching
- Designed relational schema with MySQL and deployed on the cloud (AWS RDS+EC2, MongoLab, Redis)
Learning new things every day
Java, C, C++, Python, TypeScript, SQL, Bash, Assembly
OSX, Windows, Unix, Linux, EC2
Java SE, Java EE, Spring, Android SDK, Hadoop, Spark, Swing, AWS
MySQL, MongoDB, XQuery, XML
JUnit, Git, Subversion, npm, gulp
Things I like
What I like to do as a developer and as a person.
Things I like
Travel and Explore